The success of the Competition Program at Music West Studio boasts a respectable amount of 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place winners, award recipients, and honorable mentions. Please visit the Brag Box page to view all accolades earned.
Preparing for, and entering competitions, whether at the beginning or advanced level, is one of the best ways to hone performance skills and readiness. Performance readiness develops as a result of:
- Additional lessons (from both teacher and piano coach).
- Additional mentorship (from both teacher and piano coach).
- Accountability factor which demands committed to personal practice.
- Repeated practice playing in public through Performance Master Classes.
The above process starts several months to a year prior to competition. Note: Honor Students are required to enter.
commences in January and concludes in late May. Students may choose one or all of the contests in the San Diego and surrounding areas offered below, provided they meet the individual competition requirements. Competition requirements vary based on age, repertoire, need for memorization, and level of formality. Additionally, some competitions are progressive in nature providing opportunity for advancement to higher levels.
Awards range from:
- Valuable judicial constructive criticism.
- Personalized award ribbons.
- Bronze, silver, and gold medals.
- Custom engraved trophies.
- Range of cash prize awards.
- Honor to perform a winner recital or symphony concerto concert.